Sunday, May 29, 2005

Rockstar, Dream

Sometimes being a parent is like having your own personal groupie. The squeals of delight and paroxysms of joy - sometimes when I sing to her - transfer immediate rockstar status. I'm going to miss that when she grows up and realizes I'm not cool.

I dreamed she started walking and talking, all on the same day. And it wasn't just 'mama' and 'dada', it was a bunch of words and the ability to put some of them together to create additional meaning. I guess this means I'm impatient to get on to the next stage, which is weird, because I'm really enjoying having this ticklish groupie.

3 comments:

The Pathetic Earthling said...

Whatever comes, Jimmy James, it just keeps getting better.

misterorange said...

Dad's like to do things which require complex interaction (talking, walking, etc), so I wouldn't say this dream is out of the question in the slightest...

I'm having much more fun with my kids -because- they walk and talk :)

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, dads stay cool longer than moms.