Sunday, October 08, 2006

Stocks; "Wahvu"

A year ago I pretended to invest in some stocks - if I had really done it, I would have beat the S&P by a factor of two, because one of the stocks was Merck. So suddenly I find myself being one of those guys who thinks they have a system...who think they're smarter than the mutual fund managers and big computers on Wall Street...when really I was just lucky - I had a 50% shot at beating the S&P, right?

Still, nagging voice. Did I have a 50% shot at beating it 2x? I shouldn't have played this game. That's how Vegas gets you.

Something Sofi's been saying a lot, insistently, is "Wahvu" - and she gets more and more upset as we try to decode it. "You love us? You want something? You want food? You want to go driving? You want to be picked up? WHAT?" Any ideas what it means? She won't tell us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she's saying she can't wait for Guitar Hero II.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Zelda & I are back from a long trip during which "Ganga" made it's appearance. She uses it in a variety of ways, my favorite of which is when she replies to a simple question (would you like some ___) with a thoughtful look followed by an exuberant "Ganga!!! I have gotten so far as to have her tell me it means "des poules" or hens which she did indeed see, feed, and collect eggs from on our trip, and in the Mama Llama book she point to the swan (which she calls swan) and says Ganga. But she doesn't USE the word like one would use chickens or swan...go figure, it must be developmental. I miss your little family, Jamie...shana