Monday, January 30, 2006

Adjustment

Trying to wean Sofi since she was biting Cathy too much. We've been working on it for a month now - just yesterday we decided to stop the morning feeding, which is an adjustment, because normally I'd just get her when she woke up and hand her off to mom and we'd all fall asleep again. Now I'm feeding her, which means waking up at 6 and staying up. Which means she gets tired & upset earlier, which means - what? Earlier nap and bedtime, or two naps? Yesterday we tried two naps, which was fairly effective, but she's kind of used to getting a feeding at naptime, so we're still on three feedings...
We'll get there. Just a little setback.
It's the neighbors - they always clump around upstairs at six, and we're sure that's what wakes Sofi up. Cathy wants to complain but I don't feel right asking them to not walk around their apartment.

Actually, that reminds me of a funny story. The previous upstairs neighbors used to make this loud pounding noise at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM (I used to get to sleep in to 7:30? Luxury!) and I did go up to complain. His wife answered the door, I asked about the pounding noise, and she said, "Oh yeah, that's Tom getting his leg on. We'll do it in a different room from now on."
I was too stunned to say the right thing, I mumbled something like, "Yeah, thanks, because it's been waking me up in the morning." It wasn't until months later that I was talking to her and said, "You know, if Tom wants to put his leg on, he can do it wherever he wants, really."

No comments: